Friday, October 21, 2005

Trivia and Cold Beer

There are few things that remind me as much about college as Trivia and Booze. If only they had Apricot Wheat at Rocky Sullivan's Pub, I'd be a permanent fixture at the contest on Thursdays. Unfortunately waking up becomes a task in and of itself when the earliest feasible bed time is around 1:30 AM (Gotta love the public transport in Greenpoint late at night) and you have to get an episode of the West Wing in before you sleep. Thankfully after waking up I wasn't hungover, just groggier than a frog.

Trivia went well with our team finishing somewhere in the middle of the road, which isn't bad considering the size of some of the other teams. I think if we had one more brain in there (5th man) that was complimentary to what Darius, Ellen, Vaiva, and I brought to the table we could have left that place with the Blue Ribbon. There's always next week, where I have guaranteed victory, although I'm not certain I'm even going to show up. I'd like to, though, as it was a jolly good time.

Subway broke down this morning, and all A,C,V, and R trains were discontinuing service to Manhattan, so I strolled into the office a little bit late. Luckily, lawyers normally don't start streaming in until about 10AM or so.

One last thing about Trivia, Liam needs to get rid of his crush on Harry Potter.

We should reunite P Pi Tornado for one last hurrah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home