Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Literally

While checking out my comments today, I noticed something.

Lithuanians.

Well, labas to all you crazy lugans and acieu for your comments. And at this point I've exhausted my Lithuanian vocabulary and there will be no more impressing you with my bilinguality (Bi-linguality? Maybe my English needs some tweaking as well.)

Speaking of words and such, I found this article quite interesting. Well, as interesting as anything ever penned by an Editor of the Oxford English Dictionary. What a prestigious/undesirable job. I mean, he's pretty much editor of the English language. But editing definitions has got to take a toll on your creativity and I'm going to have to guess your general will to live. The fact that he even pulls out the word auto-antonym is enough to give you some insight into this man's life. Oh yeah, the article is about the (mis)use of the word literally.

*Insert lame sentence using word literally improperly here*

Or as it turns out, perhaps it's a proper use after all. I find it amusing that people are such sticklers against the term literally that I have been called out (and, probably have called other people out) for similar usage, and the Editor of the OED doesn't have a problem with it. This guy edits definitions. Who's got a stick up their ass now?

Oh yeah, went to the Islander's game last night. Ridiculous seats. Could have spit on the ice (or any one of the Boston Bruins) but resisted.

4-3 Isles, OT.

2 Comments:

Blogger mrdarius said...

yeah, i just put you on my site, so now your Lithuanian traffic will literally double.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jamson said...

Wow, all caps on the link. Maybe Turbo Blog needs to tone it down a bit.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home