Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Bronce Braezeale

What, or who, is Bronce Braezeale?

A scientific name of a dinosaur? A famous cyclist? The world's tallest man? The guy who finally caught Billy the Kid?

Nope. With a name like Bronce Braezeale, how do you become a member of the Fidelity Bond Claims Department at AIG? What a bad ass name, though. I had to pick up and deliver some files from him today at work. Nice guy. I also had a run in with one of the higher ups at AIG. He said it was a pleasure to meet me. I reminded him that we had bumped into each other one time earlier, when I got him some files during the fire drill at AIG. I explained that he'd help me escape.

Actually, what I said, verbatim, was, 'I've met you once before, when you helped me escape the rat race during the fire drill'.

There are two things that are good about this statement. One is that my brief journey into free style rapping has given me a knack for the meter of a sentence, as well as throwing in some internal rhyming. Silky smooth.

But more importantly, I've learned from working here with a bunch of big wigs is that they love love love cliches (hence the term big wig). I think you could guess the hierarchy of people by having a five minute conversation with each of them and counting the number of cliches they manage to throw in. If you order from most to least, you'll get from the Big Cheese to the Secretary with unerring accuracy. Or at least this is my hypothesis. Would someone fund me to see if this is an accurate statement. At my office, without question, you could rank the seniority of the lawyers by the amount of hackneyed things they say. Its really bizarre actually. Maybe some strange rite of passage or something.

I'm guessing I'm the only person who has any idea what I'm talking about at this point.

So, I'll leave you with the tidbit that it is a whopping 60 degrees (F) in NYC today and the fair weather also brings home V from Vilnius, hopefully with all sorts of goodies for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger mrdarius said...

Ha ha...this is the best name ever:
F. G. Vereneseneckockkrockoff

see here for many many more...

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home