Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving Weekend

Interesting weekend. After Thanksgiving dinner, me and a bunch of friends headed up to the Poconos for an intense 3 days of board gaming and card playing. I got to sleep just before sunrise every morning. But, just barely.

At first, I was completely unexcited about this trip as I was going to be the 5th wheel. I had visions of me sitting in a corner by myself with a beer and a frown on my face. But, with Vaiva in the Motherland (Lithuania) and my local bars overflowing with college kids home for the weekend. I thought I'd have nothing better to do than sit in the corner and frown, so what the hey. Luckily my friend Matt hopped in last minute, and James drove up the next day. With two other unattached hombres the good times began to roll. Unencumbered by the non-choice of playing with your girlfriend in board games, I was able to amass a large number of victories among the weaker teams.

The cold temperature outside (in the teens for most of the trip) trapped us inside for most of the weekend and as cabin fever began to set in, freestyle rapping spontaneously arose as a method of entertainment. The only one that sticks in my head, though, is 'I put my boozie inside my koozie and I go searching for floozies'. The record execs won't be knocking on any of our doors in the near future.

Anyway, the best part of the whole thing was how enjoyable the good night's sleep I got on Sunday night before work was. I think I'm a little shot for the next week or so, though, so I don't expect to be leaving the house much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home