Friday, November 04, 2005

Oooo Rah

The weekend is coming, and for the first time in quite some time I really want to see a new movie. Although, I'm pretty sure that I've been duped by a successful trailer. Not even the trailer. The 2 syllables uttered by Jamie Foxx.

Oooo Rah.

If you haven't seen the trailer, it's emotionally and visually intense images of soldiers trekking through the desert with operatic, apocalyptic music playing (I actually think it's Kanye) followed by a moment of stillness (visually and audibly) with Mr. Foxx emitting such a primal and jarring sound that hearing it in the context of the movie is probably worth the price of admission itself.

Then again, upon reading reviews, it seems like the trailer may be quite deceptive as to the actual content of the film. Not much action and a whole lot of inaction. I'll probably feed 'em my $10 anyway.

3 Comments:

Blogger mrdarius said...

what's the name of the movie?

8:50 AM  
Blogger mrdarius said...

umm...the trailer i saw for that movie was terrible. there was no jamie foxx or opera. and it looks like it got terrible reviews. just another crappy war movie. what's the big deal?

6:45 AM  
Blogger Jamson said...

Haha, Jamie Foxx is totally the amped up military superior to Jake Gilenhall (sp?). Reviews were mixed, but a friend of mine who has a similar taste in movies to me loved it, while most of my others friends had indifferent to negative responses.

I still want to see it.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home